Remember the tomato tart from a few posts ago? And the beautiful heirloom tomatoes I used on it? Well I decided to save some of the seeds from those tomatoes for a science experiment. I wrapped a bunch of seeds in a damp paper towel and put everything in a small ziplock bag which I then left on my window sill for a couple of weeks. Most of the seeds sprouted and started forming roots and tiny leaves. So today I transplanted them into an egg carton. I put between 1 and 4 sprouts in each well and filled it in with some damp dirt from the yard. Now I’ll watch them for a few weeks to see how the transplant goes. Hopefully thye enjoy their new home, and then I can plant them in my garden. I think if they make it to that point I won’t even worry about taking them out of the egg container. I’ll just separate the little wells, poke some holes around the bottom, water them really well. Yay science!